Parasites United Parasites United

I've been playing this game for a while, but there's one thing I don't understand: What do the stars do? What are they used for? What are they there for? The game doesn't provide any explanation for the stars, so we are basically left in the dark about them.

By the way, I've noticed that you've made plans on a sequel. As an avid idle gamer, here's my advice: DON'T. Idle games are games that require maintenance, and many idlers (including Clicker Heroes, Cookie Clicker, Anti-Idle: The Game, and Trimps) stayed strong because their devs updated them from time to time. For this game, updating the game involves checking the overpriced parasite upgrades (this game has a price increase of 9% per level for each parasite as opposed to Clicker Heroes' 6% per level for each hero) and the overall-slow progression (a smoother game would be based on the 5th screen's final cell, which has 20 trillion HP as opposed to the semifinal cell's 80 trillion HP). Other than that, the game's rather decent. 7/10

BambooHutGames responds:

Sorry, the stars are a for a score that is only working on Kongregate, should have explained that a bit better. And the price increase of 9% goes lower at certain intervals.

Thanks for your input about not making a sequel, but my little experience as a game developer tells me that sequels are the way to go as a beginner. The problem is that a game's ratings are very hard to change (I've put quite some effort into games after releasing them, with little to no affect on the ratings). If the ratings aren't pretty damn good right away, the game will vanish into the giant pile of average games. Therefore I think it is much better to learn from your mistakes and do things better in a sequel where you can reuse the better parts of the game. I do put time into my games after they are released because I do care about my players, but I have to balance that with my dreams of becoming an indie developer, and therefore I can't spent days and weeks on a game that already had it's one shot.

Greetings

Tim's Time Travels Tim's Time Travels

It's a cool game. The Zork part was a tad difficult, butthis game is otherwise easy. From what I can guess, these are the games.:

1958: Tennis for Two
1972: Pong
1974: Armor Battle (?)
1974: Oregon Trail
1976: Breakout
1978: Space Invaders
1979: Adventure (Atari 2600)
1979: Asteroids
1982: Dig-Dug
1983: Crystal Castle
1983: Track and Field
1984: Tetris
1985: Super Mario Bros (Hell yeah!)
1985: Hydlide(?)
1990: Minesweeper
1990: PC Solitaire
1993: I have no frickin' clue.
1996: Pokemon Red/Green
2007: Portal
2009: Minecraft (though the game itself was more of a 2011 hit)
2011: Skyrim
2012: This game.

If you can fill me in on the other titles, please let me know.

GameToilet Mobile#5:Big Dig North Pole Edition GameToilet Mobile#5:Big Dig North Pole Edition

The game's still fairly decent, though I've noticed two issues.

1. When I played this game, for some odd reason, the Beanie Baby and Penny Farthing in-ground graphics were missing. That and after the initial upgrade, item slots do not seem to align properly.
2. If historical accuracy is the mentality around Berkshire/North Pole digs, why in the name of King George's armpits would there be an ET Atari 2600 cartridge, an item from 1983, in 1600 where the world's first newspaper (invented in 1605) be? Shouldn't ET be put in 1983 while the world's first newspaper gets put in the proper year?

All and all, it's still a decent game. A bit buggier than the original, but still good. 7/10.

Drippy's Adventure Drippy's Adventure

At first, the game starts off as a rather easy platformer, but once you get to Level 8, it gets so unfairly difficult that it makes you think you're playing a Metroidvania. The last six levels, in terms of difficulty, makes Epic Battle Fantasy 4's hardest battles look tame. There's just no room for mistakes! The grasshoppers are especially bitches. They fire so fast that they can only be passed with frame-perfect timing.

Other than that, the controls are fluent, though the physics seem slow and there is a slowdown mechanic in there, which I'm not sure is good or bad. There's occasionally a glitch where a worm spawns in the wrong place. All and all, not bad, but not good either. 6/10.

Helmet Heroes Helmet Heroes

It used to be better, but now, you basically have to hope the Super Jump glitch works. And the Super Jump requires a lot of precise timing.

robscherer123 responds:

This has been fixed in nearly all spots now and jump height has been slightly increased.

Dungeon grinder Dungeon grinder

I've played this game through, and basically, this game is a bit too quickly completed for an idle game. While the legend of acronyms do show what to expect, I doubt anyone is going to make it up to the Bs or Ts before getting bored of the game. What I'd suggest is creating new worlds to explore, like a volcano or an ocean, or a Dragon's Lair. That way, you may keep players hooked to the game. Also, you may have to strengthen Magic Defense and Forbidden Techniques in order to provide balance for the skills. That's my take of the game. All and all, I think this game deserves an 8 out of 10.

Immense Army Immense Army

Apparently, the world population can be killed by 300 million men wielding swords, bows, and magic. RIP World.

But yeah, this game has a decent concept, but the amount of gold you get from the mine gets ridiculous in later levels.

Nedrago Game Studios Nedrago Game Studios

Hey. While the idea of this idle game is pretty original, I feel that the game may have put too much emphasis on "ascensions" (soft resets). It might be from the slowness of the Rabith businesses, which may provide a huge chunk of revenue, but may be practically useless without offline farming, which this game does not have.

Also, I noticed that there is a major bug in the "Increase 2x g/c" upgrades. Instead of multiplying my current gold per click value, the upgrades increase the value by just 10 g/c. I recommend checking the game's gold per click algorithm to fix this problem.

Overall, I'll rate this game an 8/10. Not bad, guys.

Nedrago responds:

Thanks for your feedback, we are working in a mayor update with all these improvements.
Check back soon :)

Mach Speed Mach Speed

I dunno if anyone else mentioned this fatal flaw yet, but when you die, the game freezes the browser and you would have to restart the entire browser. Other than that, it's a decent game.

Benasaurous responds:

I'm uncertain, but I think its from the particles I added in the game. Thanks for the review and the feedback!

User Was Banned for this User Was Banned for this

This simulation is pretty decent. While it does take work to make something on Unity 3D, I feel that there could've been more, especially when it comes to information. Every museum provides some sort of information about their stuff, and this interactive museum seems to lack that concept.

Also, maybe you should have set it up to where the mouse gets locked on the screen. 6/10.